Tuesday, April 20, 2010

May Day - Beginning of a New Journey

"The secret to a rich life is to have more beginnings than endings." ~Dave Weinbaum

Finally i have made the ultimate decision to leave my current job... well i guess it has been a very fruitful and exciting 5 years with the company.

started young and unknown of the market situation, i am armed with no knowledge or watsoever to work for a fashion brand in the marketing field. being a engineering diploma graduate... i can say i am really proud of myself to come this far...

the journey is really tough and the contributions i have made is commendable (i hope)... people i have met added colours to my life... from being partners, to friends, to BFF... so much has changed for my life thru this stage...

i did gave in very long thought for this decision... i think i need to explore further while i am still young... at 27 this year.. i have only experience from this company and i have yet to see a bigger picture in a corporate world... i do like the casual environment in this small family... but i think, how big a percentage of company lead this kind of casual environment? if i dun get out, i will get too comfy and it will be even harder for me to move on to a bigger company and adapt... i would want to have a mix of experience before i hit 30... at least i can be much more worth in experience and network.

being in this company did gave me a sense of independance and of course i can get to be much more organised and  systematic... but sometimes there are still restrictions to things i can do... the limitation of budget and manpower do sometimes hinder my marketing plans... to the extend that i will have to repeat and modify a certain project template which can be executed within my means... well i have been there and done those... :) but i hope that i can travel fair enough for the exposure...

the next journey, my new beginning, is still uncertain for me... alot of grey areas and alot of trial and error...

sometimes i wonder, if the grass is really greener on the other side...

wish me luck :)

No comments: